21. All of the following are true concerning IgM antibodies EXCEPT which one
A.they are glycoprotein
B.they fix complement
C.they mediate allergic reaction
D.they occur on the surface of lymphocytes
E.they predominate in the primary response to antigen
22. All of the following are true concerning IgE molecules, EXCEPT which one?
A. They are involved in mediating anti-parasitic immune responses.
B. They are the least abundant immunoglobulin in the serum.
C. They are the principal immunoglobulin class involved in allergic reactions.
D. They can affect the release of histamine and other chemical mediators.
E. They will cross the placenta and fix the complement.
23. Which immunoglobulins are generally present in plasma at the highest concentration?
24. All of the following are true about antibodies, EXCEPT which one?
A. They are glycoproteins.
B. They are molecules with a single, defined amino acid sequence.
C. They fix complement.
D. They occur on the surface of B-lymphocyte
E. They predominate the primary immune response to antigen.
25. The major immunoglobulin family to which a particular immunoglobulin belongs can be determined by sequential analysis of the 110 amino acids beginning from the
A. Amino terminus of the heavy chain.
B. Amino terminus of the light chain.
C. Carboxy terminus of the heavy chain.
D. Carboxy terminus of the light chain.
E. None of the above
26. The immunoglobulin Joining chain (J-chain) is
A. only produced by T-Cells
B. only produced by neutrophils
C. associated with only multimeric forms of lgM and IgA
D. associated with IgE for histamine release
E. only produced by mast cells
27. All of the following are true EXCEPT
A. an antigenic determinant is a paratope
B. An epitope is a small portion of a macromolecule
C. An IgG antibody is bivalent
D. The class of immunoglobulin is determined by its heavy chain
E. the variable region domains contain the antigen recognition site
28. Which immunoglobulin is the principal one found in secretions such as milk?
29. Which of the following statements best characterizes an antibody?
A. An antibody contains high molecular weight RNA as its basic structure.
B. An antibody is composed of protein and cannot be distinguished from the albumin fraction of the serum proteins.
C. An antibody is composed of four identical protein subunits, which may be caused to dissociate by treatment with urea.
D. An antibody contains protein as its major chemical component, and its synthesis may be elicited by administering a foreign protein or polysaccharide.
E. An antibody contains mucopolysaccharides as its major chemical component, and the synthesis of these may be elicited by administering a foreign protein or polysaccharide.
30. The class of an immunoglobulin
A. is determined by Class I and Class II major histocompatibility complex proteins
B. is determined by the carbohydrate attached to the light chain is
C. determined by the antigen
D. is determined by the heavy chain type
E. Is determined by the J-chain
Practice more MCQs: MCQ in Immunology (31-40): Complement System
Answers key of the MCQs in Immunology mentioned above are:
21. C (they mediate allergic reaction)
22. E (They will cross the placenta and fix complement)
23. D (IgG)
24. B (They are molecules with a single, defined amino acid sequence)
25. C (Carboxy terminus of the heavy chain.)
26. C (associated with only multimeric forms of lgM and IgA)
27. A (an antigenic determinant is a paratope)
28. A (IgA)
29. D (An antibody contains protein as its major chemical component, and its synthesis may be elicited by administering a foreign protein or polysaccharide.)
30. D (is determined by the heavy chain type)