- If a scientist actively researches the frequency and distribution of the diseases, he is said to be a:
a. Mycologist b. Immunologist c. Etiologist d. Epidemiologist
- The event that triggered the development and establishment of microbiology as a science is the:
a. Spontaneous generation b. Use of disinfectants c. Vaccination
d. germ theory of diseases e. Development of microscope
- Which of the following pioneers of microbiology is credited with the discovery of microorganisms using high-quality magnifying lenses (early microscopes)?
a. Hooke b. Leeuwenhock c. Semmelweis d. Koch e. Pasteur
- Which scientist first disproved spontaneous generation by showing that maggots only appear on decaying meat that has been exposed to flies?
a. lister b. Pasteur c. Hooke d. Redi e. Koch
- The biggest obstacle in the acceptance and development of the science of microbiology was:
a. Lack of effective vaccines b. Lack of sterile containers c. Theory of spontaneous generation d. Absence of debilitating diseases before the seventeenth century e. Use of aseptic technique
- The purpose of swan necked flasks that Louis Pasteur designed to disprove spontaneous generation is to:
a. Allow the multiplication of microbes in the broth
b. Implicate the role of files in the development of maggots on rotting meat
c. Pasteurize the meat broth
d. Prevent air from entering the flask
e. Trap the microbes and prevent them from reaching the broth
- The germ theory of disease states that:
a. Microorganisms that invade other organisms can cause disease in those organisms
b. Microorganisms can spontaneously arise in debilitated hosts
c. Microorganisms don’t cause infectious diseases
d. Not all microorganisms are harmful
e. All microorganism are beneficial to human in one way or another
- When determining distances and sizes, the smallest unit of measurement is the:
a. Milimeter b. Micrometer c. Centimeter d. Decimeter e. Nanometer
- The average wavelength of light visible to our eye is:
a. 800 nm b. 200 nm c. 550 nm d. 100 nm e. 420 nm
- In light microscope, what function does the condenser serve?
a. Focuses the light rays onto our eyes
b. Mangnifies the light rays after their passage through the sample
c. Focuses the light rays on the sample
d. Increases the light intensity
e. Reduces glare
- The total magnification of a microscope is calculated by:
a. Addition of the objective lens and ocular lens magnification powers
b. Multiplication of the objective lens and ocular lens magnification powers
c. Multiplication of the objective lens and condenser lens magnification powers
d. The objective lens power squared
e. none of the above
- Which of the following stains is used frequently to identify mycobacterium and other bacteria whose cell walls contain high amounts of lipids?
a. Gram stain b. Schaeffer-Fulton stain c. Acid fast stain d.Giemsa Stain e. Spore stain
- Which of the following microscopic techniques provide three dimensional images of a bacterial cell?
a. Transmission Electron Microscopy b. Scanning Electron Microscopy
c. Negative staining microscopy d. Dark- field microscopy
e. Fluorescent microscopy
- The transmission electron microscope has the greatest resolving power because it uses an electron beam to view the sample instead of a light beam. The electron beam is used because
a. Electrons have longer wavelengths than light waves
b. Electrons do not penetrate the sample
c. Light waves are less visible
d. Electrons have shorter wavelengths than light waves
e. Electrons are less invasive.
If a scientist actively researches the frequency and distribution of the diseases, he is said to be a: a. Mycologist b. Immunologist c. Etiologist d. Epidemiologist e. Ecologist The event that triggered the development and establishment of microbiology as a science is the: a. Spontaneous generation b. Use of disinfectants c. Vaccination d. germ...Tankeshwar Acharyaadmin@microbeonline.comSubscriberI am a Medical Microbiologist cum lecturer. I am teaching Microbiology to Medical Students in Patan Academy of Health Sciences, School of Medicine, Lalitpur, Nepal.microbeonline
The following two tabs change content below.
I am a Medical Microbiologist cum lecturer. I am teaching Microbiology to Medical Students in Patan Academy of Health Sciences, School of Medicine, Lalitpur, Nepal.